Monday 9 February 2015

"Follow Your Bliss"

Hi and welcome back.

Today I am sharing my very first Design Team creation for the Scrapbook Store.
This layout that I have created, I feel really reflects my style of scrapping. I am not sure what you would call this....but this is me!!
So for those of you who know me will know how much  I loooooove to fussy cut.....I find it very relaxing, strangely enough!! And there is certainly enough here to have made me extremely carefree!

I have titled this layout "Follow Your Bliss".



For this layout I have used  Graphic 45 "Time to Flourish" collection (March Cut Apart and March Flourish). I started off by fussy cutting the March Flourish patterned paper...the whole page. I then cut up the March Cut Apart. I created a bordered background with a second piece of the March Cut Apart and Cream Cardstock and then created a background of mixed media with gesso, texture paste and a stencil(TCW - Grid Lines).
Using Rangers Distress Inks (Dusty Concord and Evergreen Bough) I coloured the base.


Here you can see the layering of the March Cut Aparts along with the Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish Window which I have crackled and layered with fussy cut pieces from the March Flourish paper.


Here you can see some of the background colouring with Distress Inks.
And the chipboard title was simply coated with Kaisercraft Antique Cream paint and then swiped with some Star Dust Stickles to make it pop a little.


A close-up of the crackled window....loooove this effect. I have coloured this with a little Forest Moss Distress Ink and layered a little cheesecloth to soften the layout.


And lastly I have added the quote from the March Cut Apart paper, it reads:

May your thoughts
be as glad as the SHAMROCKS,
May your HEART
be as light as a SONG,
may each day bring you bright,
HAPPY hours that 
stay with you all the year long.

Well I hope you have enjoyed your visit here today. If you keep scrolling you will find a full Materials List for this layout. 
Remember these goodies can be purchased over at The Scrapbook Store

Until next time take care and happy scrapping.

Tina xx

Materials List

Graphic 45 - Time to Flourish Collection - March Cut Apart x2 #4501033
Graphic 45 - Time to Flourish Collection - March Flourish x1 #4501034
Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish Window
Blue Fern Chipboard Title
Dusty Attic - Mini Grass Cluster
Kaisercraft Paint - Antique White
Ranger Distress Ink - Dusty Concord and Evergreen Bough and Forest Moss
Ranger Distress Crackle Paint - Picket Fence # TDC24521
Ranger Star Dust Stickles #SGG20622
Prima Butterfly Resin
Stencil TCW - Mini Sketch Grid # 4225402456
Cheesecloth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017