Wednesday 3 June 2015

"Cherish" - Design Team Creation for The Scrapbook Store using June's Sketch Challenge

A very warm welcome to you on this very cold morning here in Queensland!
I am sitting here still rugged up in the dressing gown and slippers keeping warm.
Today I am here to share my interpretation of June's Sketch Challenge for The Scrapbook Store.
You can find it below. Thank you to Marelize for this fantastic sketch. It really made me think!!



I have been so wanting to do something a little Vintage for sometime now, as it has been a while. I came across this gorgeous photo of my mother-in law as a young toddler. Isn't she just the cutest. Love the bow in her hair!! So I wanted to do something a little vintage with a lot of prettiness using this month's sketch and this is what I came up with.......

"Cherish"


To start off I turned the sketch on its side. From here I used the patterned papers layering them after tearing them in to strips. It is hard to see here as I have also layered lots of embellies over the top...lol!!


I have used a little media being some modelling paste through my Prima Crackle Stencil. Once it dried I inked over it with a little Black Soot distress ink.


These resins are incredibly beautiful. The first time I laid eyes on them I knew I had to have them and so I did. I have only used the couch and the dresser from this pack. Keeping the phone for another layout. I inked over the couch here with a little Dusty Concord and Black Soot to give it a little colour.

I hand dyed the 
Lace and Cheesecloth with some tea and I punched some leaves, 18 to be exact! Each was inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and moulded to shape. 


As I always do I have listed below all the materials used for this layout with item numbers where I could. I hope you have enjoyed my Vintage Styled layout today.

Thank you ever so much for visiting!

Tina xx

Materials List

Bo Bunny- 12" Timepiece Numbers # 12TN653
Bo Bunny- 12" Licorice Flourish #12LIW544
Kaisercard - Olive
Lace
Maya Road Fine Trim - Cream
12 x 12 Inch Chipboard
Paper Doily x 1
Dusty Attic Chipboard Floral Corners #
Dusty Attic Chipboard Word
Cheesecloth
Prima Marketing Shabby Chic Treasures - #892074
Acrylic Postal Stamps - Kaisercraft & 7 Dots
Dylusions - White Linen
Finnabair art Extravagance Texture Paste - White Crackle
Distress Ink Black Soot, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss and Dusty Concord
Ranger Archival Ink - Potting Mix
Ranger Crackle Accents
Leaf Punch and Emboss x 18 leaves
Green Tara Roses - Lilac / Lavendar x 5
Green Tara Roses- Cream x 1
Green Tara Roses Cream
Wild Orchid Lillies - White x 3
Wild Orchid Lillies - Cream x 2
Wild Orchid Lillies Lilac x 5
Kaisercraft Paper Blooms Coconut x 2
Glimmermist Wheatfields
Prima Marketing Inc. Stencil #564247 (Crackle)
Monte Marte Modelling Paste
Liquitex Gesso
Florist Wire - Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017