Wednesday 8 July 2015

"Kiss" created for The Scrapbook Store

Hello and welcome back.
Today I am so very happy to say that I was very fortunate to open a goodies box from The Scrapbook Store full of Graphic 45's newest collection of "Gilded Lily". I was and am still very excited to be using this collection.
I love the Vintage feeling of these muted papers and of course you will know by know of how much I love Vintage and everything associated with it. But for this layout I wanted to use some photos from my wedding day that unfortunately were not of the best pixelation......but I still chose to use them by making them smaller and adding a Sepia tone to match in with the papers.
I hope you like this........

"Kiss"



So these photographs were taken in far North Queensland on a not so sunny day....and actually at the time these photos were taken whilst it was raining .....not hard, but enough to make this bride want to get out of the rain.  If you have a close up look at the photos.....especially the first you may have a giggle to yourself.....well I do every time I see this photo. But you know it was part of the day and we all thought it funny that my dress had only been worn for a few hours and it was falling apart already.....! My husband had bent me over to kiss me and wahlah.....my jewellery straps snapped and I almost lost my dress.


I did a little background work using acrylic paints and gesso. Making drips and splatters to flow on from beneath the lilies and leaves.


So the instant I took these papers from the box I knew there would be some fussy cutting to be done. And I decided that that would be all the flower embellishments I would need. I did of course embellish with other pieces i.e. Blue Fern Studio chipboards and a little Dusty Attic.
These were all dressed with gold embossing powder and painted randomly with co-ordinating acrylic paints and gesso.


Here is this beautiful piece of damask flourish chipboard from another angle. I laid some tea stained cheesecloth beneath it and adorned the top of it with a sanded sticker from the Graphic 45 collection.


Here you can see the cluster of layers of fussy cut flowers at the right of the page. And this piece of Dusty Attic chipboard fence is just mesmerising. It is so very intricate.....love it. All these wonderful chipboards and paper collection are available at The Scrapbook Store.

That's all from me today. I hope you enjoyed being here and I so hope to see you again very soon.


I design for the Scrapbook Store.

Materials List


Graphic 45 Gilded Lily - Creme de la Creme #4501127 x 2
Graphic 45 Gilded Lily - Gilded Lily # 4501125 x 1
Graphic 45 Gilded Lily - Cardstock Stickers #4501139
Blue Fern Stuios Wedding Words (Kiss)
Blue Fern Studios Damask Flourish (1/2)
Dusty Attic - Wrought Iron Fence
Gold Embossing Powder
Sandpaper
Tea Stained Cheesecloth
FolkArt Metallic Acrylic Paint
Liquitex Gesso















No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017