Friday 8 January 2016

"Best Friends"

A big hello to you!
I have been very busy this week unpacking my new release Dusty Attic chippies order and choosing which to use with my beautiful Lemoncraft, "Neverending Summer" collection that I received.  I took inspiration from the current moodboard at Dusty Attic. It is just so very yummy! There is a $100 prize up for grabs. All you need do is upload a project using inspiration from the board below. You must have a little or if you like a lot of Dusty goodies to qualify!!




So once I chose which of my chippies to use it with, it was down to business. This layout I have titled "Best Friends". My eldest daughter giggled when she saw this title on my page as she doesn't quite see their relationship like that. However I see it from a different point of view of course! Cydne looks up to Ashlea more than they both realise. And when they are getting along it is a beautiful thing to see.


This is another of the photos I took at our little photo shoot in the back yard. It's the photos that are not planned that always seem to work the best. I was changing over my lens and looked up and there they both were lying down together holding hands chatting as they do! Such a precious memory.I hope you enjoy this layout as much as I did creating it.


My starting point for this layout was firstly to layout my gorgeous Dusty Attic chippies and arrange them in a way that I am happy with. And sometimes this may take me absolute hours as crazy as it may seem, but this is how I do things.


The first of my Dusty Attic pieces was a newbie called "Swirly Frame" (DA 1468) . This would have to be my newest favourite from the new releases. Absolutely gorgeous. So this piece was crackled and then randomly inked over the raised sections of the crackle.





Foliage # 2 was my next point of call. This was inked and then covered with Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish. I always give them a very generous coating and leave to dry sometimes over night. When dry I wipe a little gesso over the cracks made and wipe off the excess.You can see the results of the crackle below.


Another close-up!


The remainder of my layout was kept very simple. I cut out the photo and glued it to the back of the frame.  I used several pretty doilies, cut circles from the Neverending Summer "Strawberry Mousse" patterned paper and glued them to the centres of the doilies. I then  layered the doilies around the chipboard circle frame. 


My base paper "Swimming in the Lake" which is just divine I felt needed very little added to it so I only added a little texture paste through a new release Dusty Attic Stencil called Creative Script Stencil. Love it!!!


Well that is all for me. I so hope your enjoyed your visit here today. Thank you for taking the time to pop on over here. I really do appreciate it.
Until next time ......happy crafting.

Tina xo

Tina Ollett



No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017