Tuesday 1 August 2017

"Picture Perfect" Maja Design / Dusty Attic DT Creation

Hello and welcome back. It has been quite some time for me since I was last here. Feels like forever. So needless to say, I had a fantastic day today crafting in my art room. 

This project was completed as part of my Maja Design and Dusty Attic Design Team work for this month. I am getting in early this month as I am unfortunately having surgery on my shoulder in the upcoming weeks to mend a very old injury. This means a sling and no driving. Fingers crossed it won't keep me from scrapping for too long as I will certainly go out of my mind.
So anyway it is a race against the clock to complete as much work possible before the surgery date.


My project was untitled for a long time after completion. There just seemed to be no right title. So I gave it a subheading of "Picture Perfect" which I think it certainly is. I have used Maja Design's newest Denim and Friends collection of papers to start my project with. This collection is perfect for boys but it is also very versatile and for this reason I decided to do something beachy.



                                   


I used the bs of Fashion to start my background work firstly priming it with gesso. I did some colouring using Distress Ink Rusty Hinge mixed with water. I also added some texture paste through my newest favourite Dusty Attic Stencil ........Confetti #2. You can see it below......love love love it!


Confetti #2 Stencil DA1764


I also used the Decorative Scroll #1 DA0213. I spent some time colouring this piece with gesso and Nuvo Mousse and Rust Pastes. I cut it into two pieces and played around with it until I felt it was right. I matted my photo with with Shades of Denim Monochromes Beige and distressed both it and the photo. The chain I simply inked with Distress Ink Walnut Stain and then a little Nuvo Mousse.



I have also popped in some Dusty Attic Mini Ships Wheels DA1675 and a couple of shells from the 6pack of Shells DA0048.

                                        

You can see the fan shell below. I actually pulled it in half then realised that I wanted it in full. Glued it back together and thought it looked great fanned out. Added to the dimension of my project.


I also added in a little glass bottle with shells inside of it along with fibres from the beach. I suspect they were either seaweed or from a tree. Either way they have worked brilliantly here for my project. I made sure firstly that they were properly cleaned and dried. I then primed them with gesso and randomly added Rust Pastes and Art Stones to them to give the washed up on shore look. I even threw in some tiny weeny shells in.


I made some of my own transparency embellishments using 49andMarket's Sand and Sea Lighthouse Stamp Set. It is truly a beautiful stamp set. And of course no layout is complete with out the addition of some fabulous blooms. For this project I completed my layout using 49andMarket's 

Sand and Sea Lighthouse 4 x 6 Stamp Set

Garden Seeds Sea Breeze
Seaside Blooms Sea Breeze


Well that is all from me today. I hope you enjoyed your visit here. Take care and until next time happy scrapping. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Special Guest

Special Guest
2017